The Clean Energy Regulator has just released the results of the first Emission Reduction Fund (ERF) Auction held last week (15-16 April).
Key points are as follows:
- 107 Contracts have been awarded
- 43 contractors covering 144 projects
- Total value $660 471 500
- Average price per tonne of abatement of $13.95
- The majority were based on the sequestration; landfill; and alternative waste treatment methods.
- Terra Carbon 41 projects for 27M tonnes from their native forest protection projects
For those considering projects for round two our advice is to get in quick, as after the first auction a quarter of the fund has gone already!
For further information
Matt is the Managing Director and provides strategic carbon emissions and energy advice for some of Australia’s largest and most well-respected corporations.