Science-Based Targets (SBTs) are emissions reductions targets aligned to what the latest climate science deems necessary to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement. Science-based targets provide a clearly-defined pathway for companies to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, help prevent the worst impacts of climate change and future-proof business growth in line with science.
Science-Based Targets are verified by the Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi). SBTi offers the most credible approach for setting emission reduction targets through its peer review and verification process, verifying set company targets against climate science.
Why Set a Science-Based Target?
Setting an emissions reduction target in line with science offers a meaningful value proposition which:
- Demonstrates to stakeholders genuine climate action
- Drives operational emission reductions and innovative business practices
- Truly integrates climate action into the business model
- Improves business profitability and investor confidence
- Strengthens brand reputation
- Promotes decarbonisation initiatives throughout the supply chain
- Integrates with climate risk and TCFD disclosures where appropriate
- Reduces regulatory uncertainty
HOW WE CAN HELP
Services include all aspects of science-based target setting and strategy:
- Understanding what are science-based targets and why they are important to your company
- Benchmarking against peers with SBTs
- SBT scoping, modelling, development, and analysis
- GHG inventory development and BAU emissions trajectory modelling
- Support the SBT submission process and validation service
Net Zero Corporate Standard
The SBTis Corporate Net-Zero Standard is the world’s first framework for corporate net-zero target setting in line with climate science. It includes the guidance, criteria, and recommendations companies need to set science-based net-zero targets consistent with limiting global temperature rise to 1.5°C.
Key requirements of the Corporate Net-Zero Standard
- Focus on rapid, deep emission cuts
- Set near-and long-term targets
- No net-zero claims until long-term targets are met
- Go beyond the value chain
Further information on the Corporate Net Zero Standard here
Get In Touch
Contact us today to help guide you on your science-based targets setting and strategy. Fill out the contact form below or call the team on 03 7035 1740, we’re here to help.
WE'VE COMMITTED TO A SCIENCE BASED TARGET
In 2021 we committed to a science-based target taking positive action in reducing our emissions to preserve a 1.5C degree world.
"In the spirit of ‘we practice what we preach’ Ndevr Environmental is proud to announce our own validated science-based target for SMEs and our commitment to the Business Ambition for 1.5°C, a network of visionary corporate leaders taking ambitious climate action.
Our footprint might be small compared to the businesses we support, but our ambition for impact is large and we champion deep decarbonisation in every niche of the economy, to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement." Matt Drum - Managing Director