Nature-based climate solutions are a vital contributor for the world to meet its Paris Agreement net zero targets. They are also critical in halting and reversing habitat and biodiversity losses. Ndevr Environmental’s Nature-based Solutions team assists clients and landholders to investigate opportunities for carbon projects to sequester carbon and improve land condition under both National and International carbon abatement and environmental standards.
Our team are experts in identifying cost-effective and impactful nature-based solutions, that protect, sustainably manage, and restore natural capital and modified ecosystems.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Ndevr Environmental has a multi-disciplined Nature-based Solutions team, with over a decade of experience delivering advisory and auditing work under the National Emission Reduction Fund (ERF) and International offsets schemes.
Our nature-based solutions to climate change include:
- Nature-based solutions and carbon project due diligence assessments
- Carbon offset project management including project implementation and the on-going monitoring, record-keeping and offsets reporting requirements
- Audit (and advisory) services under the Emissions Reduction Fund, Accounting for Nature (AfN) Co-benefits standard
- GHG Accounting for the Land Sector including science-based targets and Climate Active
- Carbon project co-benefit assessment and valuation and working with Traditional Owners
- Strategic Advice – for carbon offset credit and opportunity framework development
- Government commissioned and public methodology reviews
Carbon Sequestration and Offsets Strategy
Developing a carbon offset strategy for Barwon Water including high-level planning for a sequestration offsets program under the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF).
Our Nature-based Solutions (NBS) team is headed up by Director Marnie Telfer, supported by Principal’s Michaela Young, Matt Herrington and the wider NBS team. They have deep subject matter knowledge of, and experience with, the carbon market, natural capital and the regulatory framework. Our Managing Director was a key member of the Australian Government team that designed and implemented the NGER legislation, and our technical specialists have delivered numerous audit, assurance and strategic support projects under the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) for some of Australia’s largest emitters and project developers. Our team collectively has been working within industry and as external advisors in the carbon space since the inception of a carbon regulatory framework in Australia.
Thought pieces from our team of expert climate and sustainability consultants with insights and best practice for climate change, sustainability and human rights issues.
Contact us today to help guide you on your nature-based solutions project. Fill out the contact form below or call the team on 03 7035 1740, we’re here to help.