The Government’s Emissions Reduction Fund provides a revenue stream to successful projects after emissions reductions have been verified. However, many projects will require significant upfront capital to get started. In light of this the NAB, with support from the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, are offering an Energy Efficient Bonus to Equipment Finance Loans.
Any emissions reduction project that is registered for Australian Carbon Credit Units (ACCUs) and involves a technology are eligible for the 0.7% pa discount; $0 deposit; tailored repayments equipment loan.
Additionally, there are a range of technologies and equipment that are eligible regardless of participation in the ERF, including:
- industrial and commercial refrigeration that result in at least 10% reduction in energy consumption
- Heating Ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) replacement with at least 10% reduction in energy consumption
- Rooftop solar PV compliant with Australian Standards
- Building monitoring systems, where the technology provider or qualified consultant forecasts savings
- Lighting upgrades that qualify under the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) or the NSW Energy Efficiency Scheme (ESS)
Feel free to contact us (03 9865 1400) or NAB (13 10 12) for more details.
(Note: Ndevr is not associated with NAB or any other bank)
Matt is the Managing Director and provides strategic carbon emissions and energy advice for some of Australia’s largest and most well-respected corporations.