The Path To Carbon Neutrality And 100% Green Power
Goodman’s commitment to climate action see's them reach carbon neutrality four years before their 2025 target
Goodman is the largest listed industrial property group in Australia and one of the largest listed specialist fund managers of industrial property and business space globally. In 2019, Goodman developed their 2030 Sustainability Strategy, with a commitment to achieving carbon neutrality and to use 100% renewable electricity in their operations by 2025.
Goodman engaged Ndevr Environmental to provide the specialist services required to assist them on this journey. A diverse, international asset portfolio, varied assets and lease agreements, and the need to analyse multi-jurisdictional emissions profiles all added layers of complexity to the project.
The solution comprised of five main components including:
- the development of a comprehensive organisational GHG emissions inventory (scope 1, 2 and 3) in line with best practice global GHG Accounting protocols and Australian standards
- designing a cost-effective emissions reductions strategy
- advisory on costs and benefits from various contractual and procurement options for renewable energy at scale
- support on the selection of carbon offsets that were in-line with corporate principles
- navigating certification under the Australian Climate Active program
The result, underpinned by Goodman’s deep commitment to climate action, has seen them reach carbon neutrality for global operations four years before the 2025 target.
The breadth of Goodman’s emissions profile, reduction strategy and offsetting effort is truly market leading in the industrial property space and Ndevr Environmental are proud to be a part of their journey.
Further reading on Goodman’s 2030 Sustainability Strategy: Goodman